How to Replace a Lost I-94 Card

Form I-94 is the Arrival-Departure Record issued to non-immigrants while entering the U.S. Form I-94 acts as a proof that the non-immigrant entered the U.S. legally. Form I-94 will have information such as the date of entry, the visa classification, and the date the status will expire. Whereas Form I-95 is the Arrival – Departure Record issued to crewmen who land temporarily in the U.S.

Form I-102, Application for replacement/initial Non immigrant Arrival-Departure:

If you lost I-94 card or if it is damaged, you can apply to replace it by filing Form I-102, Application for Replacement Arrival-Departure Document. You can file Form I-102 if you want to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated Form I-94 or I-94W. You can also use this form if you want to replace a mutilated Form I-95. Additionally, if you want an initial Form I-94 and if you want to file Form I-102 at the same time as an application for an extension of stay or change of status, you may use this form.

As far as the supporting documents are concerned, if you are are applying to replace a stolen or lost I-94 card, I-94W, or I-95, you have to submit a copy of the original or submit a copy of the biographic page from your passport and a copy of the page indicating admission as claimed, or other evidence of your admission. If you are not able to provide this evidence, you will be required to submit a full explanation stating why you cannot give any of the above evidence, along with a copy of evidence of your identity and copies of any evidence in your possession to substantiate your claim. In case your card was stolen, then you have to submit a copy of the police report relating to the theft.

Suppose you were not issued Form I-94 at admission and have not since been issued Form I-94, but now require Form I-94 for another application you are filing, submit a copy of any evidence in your possession to substantiate your claimed admission.

The filing fee for Form I-102 is $320. You do not need to pay the fee to request USCIS to correct your Form I-94, I-94W, or Form I-95 if the error(s) on your document was made by USCIS, through no fault of your own. If, however, the error(s) was made because of information you provided or failed to provide to USCIS or the U.S. Department of State, you must pay the fee.

The fee must be submitted in the exact amount. It cannot be refunded. Do not mail cash.

While making you payment through a check, it will be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). It means your checked will be copied and the account information on it will be used electronically to debit your account for the amount of the check. It normally would take 24 hours for the debit from your account and will be shown on your regular account statement.

The processing time for Form I-102 will vary, depending on the specific circumstances of each applicant. The USCIS might deny an application if you do not give the requested information or do not go to a scheduled interview. Every application must be properly signed with the correct fee.

Related posts